Sunday, March 19, 2017

Live!

I've been sitting here a bit, wondering what to write, and got to pondering that I have a birthday in a couple of weeks.  I'll be 62.  Wow!  My children are all adults, most, in their 30's.  Which in my mind, is kind of where I always picture myself.  And no, I don't know why.  Other than my youngest child being born, the only other big event I had in my 30's was retiring from the U.S. Coast Guard. (I joined at 17).  I'm actually in better physical condition than I was when my 30's ended.     Well, enough mental meandering.
I can say that at 62, I have a pretty good life.  I've retired from 2 careers, and other than a 6 month part-time job, I haven't worked since age 60.  And at this point, I feel no need to.  I'm not rich, but my wife and I are comfortable and our house is ours.  We enjoy just being us and spending time with our (canine) girls.    I read, watch TV, and putter around the house and yard, when- and if - I want.  DKW and I make no demands on each other, and when we do have the rare disagreement, we get it smoothed out pretty quickly.  Life IS good!

No comments:

Post a Comment