Friday, March 10, 2017

Carpe Diem -If ya up to it!

Getting old is not for the weak and faint-hearted.  Yesterday, after a rainy couple of days, was a really nice day.  Sun was shining, temp was high 60s/low 70s, and I decided to do a little yard work.  I only worked 2 or 2 1/2 hours, and accomplished one large-ish and several small tasks.  The large-ish task was taking down a dying flower bed around a dead tree stump and removing the brick border.  I had to use a shovel, hoe, and rake to do this.  I'm happy the job is done, cause when I start mowing, there's one less then to have to go around. (At least once I get the stump out or leveled with the ground.)  That's the good news, the bad news is that I'm paying the price today.  My back is sore and my (bad) knee is aching, soooo............  Guess I'm back to taking it easy today, maybe I'll feel up to doing a bit more on Saturday.  Today though, I'll do the laundry, a little cooking, but nothing too strenuous.  Spend a little time with my sweetie and let her take care of me.
Spring Forward!

1 comment:

  1. You treat me like I'm a princess, cuz I AM your princess. With the weather we have coming in, staying in and snuggling up sounds like a good plan. Rest, relaxation, recuperation...it's what the doctor ordered and what Nurses Chiquita, Sophie, and Libby deliver!

    ReplyDelete